Hold for Grades and Degrees
If you are currently enrolled at UT Austin, you may request your official transcript to be held until the current semester posting date for grades and degrees. Please note the following:
- Grades can appear on the transcript early but they will not be calculated in the GPA until the current semester grade posting date. Check your grade report to confirm your grades are on the transcript.
- If you will be ordering a transcript and are not selecting either the “Hold for Grade” or “Hold for Degree” options, please review your course information and grades carefully for accuracy and verify your degree has posted before placing a transcript order.
- Future course enrollment for the following semester will not show on a Hold for Grade or Hold for Degree transcript.
- Do not use “Hold for Grade” or “Hold for Degree” if you are enrolled in a Winter term or May term course. Wait until that course is completed before ordering a transcript.
- Summer subterms are combined as a whole semester. Although grades posted during the summer subterms will appear on your transcript, they will not be calculated in the GPA until August.
- Degrees typically post at least one week after grades post at the end of semesters.
- If ordering online, Hold for Grades and Hold for Degree orders that are started before the current semester posting date must be paid before that posting date to prevent the order from being held until the end of the following semester.
- If you place a Hold for Grades and Hold for Degree order and incur a financial hold prior to the posting date, the transcript will not be processed and you will be contacted.
- Hold for Grades orders should not be placed for OnRamps, distance, extension, and correspondence courses because grade posting dates vary. Check your grade report and make sure grades are there before ordering a transcript.
- Law students should not place a Hold for Grades and Hold for Degree transcript order due to the School of Law’s timeline for releasing grades. Before requesting a transcript or confirmation of degree, law students should check their grade report and/or verify their degree to ensure final grades and/or the degree has been posted.
- Fall 2023 – Hold for Grades orders will be processed after 5:00 p.m. CST on December 14, 2023. Paper transcripts will be mailed within 3 business days of the processed date.
- Fall 2023 – Hold for Degree orders will be processed after 5:00 p.m. CST on December 22, 2023. Paper transcripts will be mailed within 3 business days of the processed date.