There are a variety of ways to revise your loans including requesting additional loans, increasing or decreasing your loan amount, cancelling your loans, or returning your loans after they’ve been disbursed.
Request an additional loan or increase your loan amount
- In need of additional financial support? If you think you need to increase your loan funds, contact Texas One Stop to be counseled if that is the best option for you.
- You will need to submit a written request via email (email@example.com) to Texas One Stop if you would like to increase your loan amount.
Reduce your loan amount
- If you would like to discuss reducing the amount of loans you have requested, contact Texas One Stop.
- You will need to provide a written request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the change.
Cancel your loan after you have taken it out
- Contact Texas One Stop if you are considering canceling your loans, and wish to discuss your options.
- You will need to provide a written request via email (email@example.com) to cancel your loans.
Return your loans after they have disbursed
- You may return loan funds to Texas One Stop during the semester the funds disbursed. If you would like to return loan funds from a previous semester, please repay this back to your loan servicer directly.
- You may submit a check, cashier’s check, or money order for the “net” amount that disbursed, in whole dollars only. You can find this net amount on your CASH page at “My Financial Aid History”, under “Federal Loan History at UT Austin.” The net amount disbursed will be listed under “Transaction Amount.”
- You will need to include the following information on the check itself:Make check payable to UT Austin
Include the student EID and loan(s) being returned on the memo line
Ensure that the check is properly completed
Mail the check to:
The University of Texas at Austin
1616 Guadalupe, Mail Stop E3700
Austin, TX 78701
You may also bring the check to Texas One Stop directly.