Paying Your Tuition
There are several ways to pay for your UT education. Find information here on how to pay online, in person or by mail, using financial aid or outside loans.
Select one of the tuition payment options below to learn more.
Complete your registration online at My Tuition Bill using one of the following methods:
- Card: MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards (all cards subject to a nonrefundable 2.3% convenience fee)
- eCheck: Online payment by check
- Electronic Funds Transfer: Submit a bank authorization online or download a printable document
- Pay with Financial Aid at the View Bill option of My Tuition Bill
- Confirm Attendance at the View Bill option of My Tuition Bill if you do not owe tuition
- Click Tuition Loan on My Tuition Bill
The installment plan allows you to pay in three payments per semester and is only available in the fall and spring semesters (not for summer sessions). You must electronically sign a promissory note by clicking the “Installment Plan Note” link on My Tuition Bill before payment will be accepted.
- The first payment is approximately half the total tuition plus a $15 nonrefundable processing fee and is due by the due date found on the bottom of your tuition bill. If applicable, some international fees, late registration fee and/or general property deposit is included in the first payment.
- The second and third payments are approximately 25% of your tuition bill.
- You must sign up for the installment plan each semester.
Due Dates – Spring 2020 Installment Plan
First Installment Payment for students who preregistered
- January 9, 2020 – Undergraduates
- January 24, 2020 – Graduates
Second Installment Payment
- February 21, 2020 – All students
Third Installment Payment
- March 27, 2020 – All students
Pay in Person
Pay at the Cashier’s Office in Main Building (MAI) Room 8
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Personal check
- Cashier’s check
- Money order
Credit and debit cards are not accepted at the Cashier’s Office.
Pay by Mail
Checks may be mailed, but payment must be received in our office and posted to the student’s account by 5 p.m. on the payment deadline, or registration may be canceled.
- Make checks payable to “The University of Texas at Austin.”
- Be sure the student’s full name and UT EID are on the check.
- Multiple checks should be mailed together to ensure proper and timely posting of the payment.
- Note: Payment for University Extension classes must be sent to the University Extension office.
Our Mailing Addresses
If sending by U.S. mail:
University of Texas at Austin
Student Accounts Receivable
P.O. Box 7398
Austin, TX 78713-7398
If sending by courier or overnight (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.):
University of Texas at Austin
Student Accounts Receivable, Main 4
110 Inner Campus Drive, Stop K5308
Austin, TX 78712-1669
If you have a zero ($0.00) tuition bill, you still need to confirm your attendance by clicking the “Confirm Attendance” button on My Tuition Bill before the 5 p.m. deadline on your payment due date, or your classes will be canceled.
Pay with a Tuition Loan
If you need assistance paying your tuition bill on time, short term tuition loans are available for the remaining balance of your tuition bill.
To apply, go online to Tuition Loans on UT Direct. A high assurance UT EID is required to view this page.
Repayment is due 30-90 days from the date the promissory note is signed, depending on how far into the semester the loan is awarded.
Pay with Financial Aid
On My Tuition Bill, click View Bill, then if your financial aid fully covers your tuition and fees, click Pay with Financial Aid.
Because financial aid funds are not released immediately, your tuition bill will state a balance due until the funds are released.
If the financial aid does not fully cover your bill, the amount due will be reduced accordingly, and you will need to pay the balance due by the deadline.
The majority of private donor scholarships are disbursed through the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA). In most cases, scholarship donors will send checks directly to the university for processing, but not always. Tuition will be adjusted after OSFA processes the scholarship.
Mail outside scholarships to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at:
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
University of Texas at Austin
100 West Dean Keeton Street, E3700
Austin, TX 78712-1712
What you owe is listed at the top of your MyUT page.
Other Ways to Pay
There might be other ways you can pay for your tuition. Please see below for more information about these types of payments and helpful tips.
Paying from a 529 College Fund
- Account owners must submit a request for payment from the 529 plan administrator.
- Allow up to three weeks for the payment to be credited to the student’s account.
- The payment must be received and posted to the student’s account no later than 5 p.m. on the payment due date. Failure to meet this deadline will result in your student’s registration being canceled.
- All checks should be made payable to “The University of Texas at Austin” and must include the student’s name, EID and what semester the check is for.
- Mailing address, including overnight delivery instructions, is available on the Student Accounts Receivable website.
Texas Prepaid Tuition Plans
- The plans pay for tuition only; the student is responsible for all other fees.
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP) students must provide a copy of the membership ID card to Student Accounts Receivable the first semester they enroll at The University of Texas at Austin. Students in their senior year will need to provide proof of remaining hours in their plan.
- TGTP ID cards can be emailed to: email@example.com (please include your UT EID and semester in the email).
- Texas Tuition Promise Fund (TTPF) plan purchasers must authorize use of the benefits at least three weeks prior to the payment due date each semester at texastuitionpromisefund.com. Purchasers should enter the student’s EID as the “Student’s ID” and The University of Texas at Austin as the “Name of the University/College.”
- If the amount due is zero, the student must complete registration by clicking the “Confirm Attendance” button on My Tuition Bill no later than 5 p.m. on the due date, or their registration will be canceled.