An enrollment certification is an official document that confirms attendance, awarded degrees, current and past enrollment, expected graduation date, Texas Success Initiative status, available test scores, cumulative GPA and other parts of a student academic record. Official certifications are printed on security paper with the university seal and the registrar’s signature.
You may need certification of enrollment to defer student loans, provide proof of enrollment for health insurance, verify degrees for prospective employers or show proof of academic standing to enroll in another institution. Download a PDF request form.
How to Request Enrollment Certification
Order by Mail, Fax or Email
1. Fill out the certification request form.
2. Submit it by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- fax to (512) 475-7520 or
- mail to
The University of Texas at Austin
Office of the Registrar, Student Academic Records
PO Box 7216, Austin TX 78713-7216.
The PDF form requesting an enrollment certification must include all the following information:
- The date of the request
- Student’s full name as it appears on university records
- Student’s UT EID and date of birth
- The information you request to be printed on the certification
- The name and address to whom it should be mailed
- The number of certifications requested for each address
- Student’s hand-written signature if restricted or confidential information is requested; electronic signatures are not accepted
- Any special instructions
- Any forms to be attached
In compliance with security guidelines, payment information will not be provided to third-parties, i.e. Fedex.
Order In Person
Certificates of Enrollment are available for same-day processing and pick-up at Texas One Stop for $5 in MAI 1 (Ground Floor of UT Tower). See Visit Texas One Stop for office hours and visiting procedures. If you plan to mail the certification, bring the complete mailing address with you. If you are requesting expedited delivery of an enrollment certification(s), bring the express shipping label(s) with you to the office before 4:30 p.m.
A certification costs $5 for print and receiving on the same day as requested, notarization or delivery by express shipping. (Additional charges for express shipping or overnight delivery apply). Pay for certifications by check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover.
Certifications can be sent via express shipping at your expense. Other delivery services may be used if you make arrangements in advance. In compliance with security guidelines, payment information will not be provided to third parties or delivery services. Requesting express shipping delivery does not guarantee priority processing of your order.
To Request FedEx Delivery
1) Visit FedEx and select Create a Shipment. Continue through prompts to confirmation page.
2) On Confirmation Page, confirm address and shipping information, check the box for Email a copy of my shipping label on bottom of page and enter email@example.com to submit shipping label. Then select Ship.
3) To avoid potential delay in case we need to contact you, be sure to provide your phone number when entering information in the From Address
4) Print a copy of the shipping label and, for online orders, email a copy of the shipping label to Certifications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) For written requests, submit a printed label along with a signed FedEx order form. If ordering in person, bring the shipping label with you to the office before 4:30 p.m.
6) Certifications for expedited delivery will not be sent without a shipping label for each destination address.
Requesting expedited delivery does not guarantee same-day processing; however, all written requests for expedited delivery received in-office after 4 p.m. will be processed in the order received beginning the next business day.
Releasing Directory Information
Certification of directory information may be released without a student’s written authorization. The University of Texas at Austin defines directory information as local and permanent addresses, dates of attendance, enrollment status, school and major field of study, classification, earned degrees, expected degree date and similar information.
A student may grant release of their restricted record by submitting a written request for release. Certain confidential information may be released only with the student’s written authorization and signature, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Third Party Requests for Information
Student loan servicers can find your enrollment status at the National Student Clearinghouse. If your servicer needs a deferment form processed, bring the form to the Office of the Registrar and we will send them an enrollment certification with your form.
Employers and background screening firms should contact the National Student Clearinghouse to request printed verification of attendance and degrees.
You may verify your degrees and attendance online if you are a current or former student of the university.
Student Academic Records