Summer 2024 Tuition and Discounted Courses
The University of Texas at Austin is offering reduced tuition and special rate classes. Make this the summer that you learn from world-class faculty, save money and stay on track for graduation by registering for one or more classes that will count toward your degree plan!
Summer Tuition Discounts
Summer 2024 tuition is being offered at reduced rates for undergraduate, graduate and professional students at UT.
- Undergraduate Texas resident and non-Texas resident tuition will be offered at a reduced rate of 25% off fall and spring semester costs.
- Graduate and professional student tuition will be offered at a reduced rate of 15% off fall and spring semester costs, which is in line with historical summer tuition reduction.
Note: Summer tuition special rates do not apply to Option II or Option III programs. The program fee is a set fee and not subject to summer discounts.
Special Rate Summer Classes for Undergraduates
Select high-demand courses, internship courses and education abroad courses will be offered at a special tuition cost. Internship course and degree requirements vary, so please check with your academic advisor about the process and timeline for enrolling.
Seventeen high-demand undergraduate classes are being offered for $500 for Texas residents and $1,500 for non-Texas residents. These asynchronous, online courses are taught by top UT faculty.
Talk to your academic advisor to see if one of the below courses fits with your degree plan. Then search the Course Schedule using the unique number included below. The $500/$2000 courses will include a line in the notes section confirming the course tuition.
|Course||Field of Study||Course Info|
|E 316M||ENGL||AMERICAN LITERATURE-WB|
|E 316L||ENGL||BRITISH LITERATURE-WB|
|GOV 310L||GOVT||AMERICAN GOVERNMENT-WB|
|GOV 312L||GOVT||ISS & POLICIES IN AMER GOV-WB|
|HIS 315K||HIST||UNITED STATES, 1492-1865-WB|
|HIS 315L||HIST||THE UNITED STATES SNC 1865-WB|
|MUS 307||MUS||JAZZ APPRECIATION-WB|
|MUS 307||MUS||hOW MUSIC WORKS: POPULAR MUSIC IN MUSIC CULTURE-WB|
|NTR 306||NTR||FUNDAMENTALS OF NUTRITION-WB|
|PSY 301||PSYC||INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY-WB|
|SDS 301||SDS||ELEMENTARY STATISTICAL METHODS-WB|
|SOC 302||SOC||INTRO TO THE STUDY OF SOCIETY-WB|
Field of Study
E 316MAMERICAN LITERATURE-WB
E 316LBRITISH LITERATURE-WB
GOV 310LAMERICAN GOVERNMENT-WB
GOV 312LISS & POLICIES IN AMER GOV-WB
HIS 315KUNITED STATES, 1492-1865-WB
HIS 315LTHE UNITED STATES SNC 1865-WB
MUS 307JAZZ APPRECIATION-WB
MUS 307hOW MUSIC WORKS: POPULAR MUSIC IN MUSIC CULTURE-WB
NTR 306FUNDAMENTALS OF NUTRITION-WB
PSY 301INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY-WB
SDS 301ELEMENTARY STATISTICAL METHODS-WB
SOC 302INTRO TO THE STUDY OF SOCIETY-WB
UT is committed to making internships accessible to students of all financial backgrounds, including by offering special rate internship courses for Summer 2024. Internship course and degree requirements vary, so please check with your academic advisor about the process and timeline for enrolling.
More information about payments and financial aid for UEX internship courses will be available in January 2024.
Credit-Bearing Internship Courses
Through University Extension (UEX), one– and three–hour internship courses will be offered at a special rate of $500, six–hour courses will be offered at a rate of $1,000, and nine-hour courses will be offered at $2,000. The registration fee for these courses is the same for all students, regardless of residency status.
Additionally, students who receive tuition support through Texas Advance Commitment (TAC) are eligible for additional UEX summer internship course discounts; students receiving full tuition support through TAC are eligible for a 100% discount, and students receiving partial tuition support through TAC are eligible for a 10% discount.
- Students Only Enrolled in UEX Courses: Federal or state subsidized financial aid is not available if you are only taking courses with University Extension.
- Students Simultaneously Enrolled at UT Austin: In most cases, University Extension’s semester courses can count toward your full course load certification for financial aid and similar certifications as long as you meet the required minimum enrollment hours (six credit hours for undergrads and three credit hours for graduate students for the summer term) and are maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for financial aid. Contact Texas One Stop for more information. Self-paced online courses do not count toward enrollment for financial aid purposes.
- Students Enrolled at Another School: If you are receiving financial aid at another institution of higher education, University Extension can issue you a letter at your request certifying your registration. You may include this with other documentation of courses in applying for financial aid, but we cannot guarantee it will be accepted.
More information about payments and financial aid for UEX internship courses is available on the UEX website.
Zero-Credit Internship Course
You may also be eligible for Texas Career Engagement’s zero-credit internship course. This free, online course provides self-guided assignments designed to enhance your internship experience, along with other benefits. More information on this internship course will be available in January 2024.
Education Abroad Courses
Texas Global offers select Summer 2024 education abroad courses for a discounted tuition of $500 for Texas undergraduate students and $2,000 for non-Texas residents. Students who apply by the program’s deadline may be selected for enrollment. Summer faculty-led program application deadlines and admissions timelines vary by program.
If you are interested in applying for one of these programs, visit Texas Global Summer Faculty-Lead. Please note that the special rate for education abroad courses applies to faculty-led programs only, and does not include discounts or scholarships towards other costs associated with education abroad, such as travel or program fees.
Additional Summer 2024 online courses will be available early March 2024.