Resources Student FAQs CARES Act FAQs

We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. During these peak times, you may be offered a callback so you can speak with a coordinator directly.
Email response times may take 5-7 business days. If you have a question or concern regarding tuition costs,
please contact Student Accounts Receivable at or 512-475-7777.

Clearing Bars

A bar is a restriction placed on your record that prevents registration. Types of bars include financial, nonfinancial and advising. If you have any bars, they will appear on your Registration Information Sheet and in your Important Information on MyUT.

  • Financial bars, in most cases, may be cleared on your What I Owe page or paid in cash or by check at the Cashier’s Office in Main Building (MAI) Room 8.
  • Nonfinancial bars must be resolved in person at the administrative office that imposed it.
  • Advising bars are placed when you have not sought advising required by your major or department. Consult your academic advisor to check your major or department’s advising requirements.

Still Need Help?

We’re here for you.


Beginning Monday, August 17:
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Visit Texas One Stop ›

MAI 1 (Ground Floor of UT Tower)
110 Inner Campus Dr.
Austin, TX 78712

– To submit paper documents (such as appeals or applications), please scan a PDF of your document and email directly to Texas One Stop at


(512) 232-6988 (myUT)

Abbreviated hours of operation for phone calls will be 8:​30 a.​m.​- 4:00 p.​m.​ until further notice. Call volumes may be higher during peak times, and an offer of a call back the next day will be provided.

Call Us

5-7 business day response time


feedback survey